By becoming an Associate (not yet licensed) member, you join a broad network of professionals who are improving the practice of architecture, influencing the city, engaging in professional development and career activities, and educating the general public about the significance of architecture.
AIA is a three-tiered member organization for architects with benefits and dues at the national, state and local levels.
Member benefits include:
- Online continuing-education (CE) transcript
- Use of Associate AIA (Assoc. AIA) credentials
- Access to more than 20 AIA Seattle committees
- Signify that as an AIA member you adhere to a professional code of ethics
- Advocacy work on behalf of the industry
- Architectural Experience Program (AXP, formerly IDP) support, including help finding AXP coordinators and mentors
- Discounted attendance at AIA Seattle events, classes and forums
- Architect Registration Examination® (ARE) study resources and instruction to support you on the path to licensure
- In-office use of the AIA Seattle Architect Registration Examination® (ARE) Resource Library
- Access to the Emerging Professional’s Companion, an online resource to earn IDP credit
- Access to the National Associates Committee (NAC) programs, activities and resources that ensure you have a strong voice within the AIA
- AIA Career Center assistance to find internship and professional opportunities
- Access to AIA Seattle job board
- Exclusive resume postings
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology and more
- Submittal discount for AIA Seattle’s Honor Awards for Washington Architecture
Explore AIA National’s Member Benefits Guide.