Company Website CLARK | BARNES
CLARK | BARNES is a mid-sized architecture, historic architecture, and interior design firm in search of a Historic Architect with 10+ years’ experience.
The Historic Architect will be someone with a variety of project experience and is interested in working on some awesome historic projects with our award-winning team. The ideal candidate has clear communication skills, is collaborative, has a talent for construction documents and an great attention to detail!
We want you to join us if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture (and a passion for it!)
- Are proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop and Creative Suite.
- Have more than ten years of experience in an architectural office.
- Licensed in the state of WA or other states in the Northwest US.
- Have a Historic Preservation certificate in addition to degree and licensure (Not required but a plus!)
- Proven experience with the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for Preservation, Landmark Nominations, Historical Site Assessments, and has worked with the National Park Service on preservation projects.
- Skilled in research, analytical thinking, modeling and materials analysis to support the historic preservation design process (and has a blast doing it!)
- A self-motivated individual able to work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Ambitious self-starter who strives for results and performs well under pressure.
- Prepares design packages for restoration, repair and maintenance projects on historical structures.
- Work collaboratively with the design team and consultants through all project phases.
- Are a great communicator with team members, clients, consultants, and jurisdictions.
- Is interested in or is already a thought leader in the Historic Preservation
- Have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Love what you do and value maintaining a work/life balance!
At CLARK | BARNES we value having fun and welcome applicants of all race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran or other status protected by applicable law. CLARK | BARNES has a comfortable workspace with flexible hours, competitive salary, fun and social co-workers, and a pet-friendly office space. We also offer sick leave, matching 401k, health insurance, and optional AFLAC coverage.
Please send your current resume, your portfolio, and some work samples to [email protected] (under 10mb please). If you want to include a cover letter, go right ahead, we would love to hear more about you!