Hurricane Harvey building evaluators needed in Texas
From: Minnery, Rachel [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:19 PM Subject: Volunteer in Texas?
Thank you for your generous offer to be of assistance to our friends in Texas. The Texas Society of Architects (TxA) is mobilizing a roster of out-of-state volunteers who meet the following requirements:
certified by Cal-OES as SAP Building Evaluators;
- prior experience assessing buildings post-disaster for wind and/or flood damage under the direction of a jurisdiction;
- have your own ATC-45 field manual, Cal-OES ID card, safety equipment, supplies, water and snacks;
- able to provide your own travel to and from assigned disaster area; and,
- able to volunteer for minimum of two (2) consecutive days, though more than two (2) is much preferred and will be considered a priority.
To assist you while volunteering, provided by TxA:
- Coordination of modest housing with local emergency office (may be an AIA member host, or motel somewhat further from disaster area);
- Coordination of local transportation to/from damage areas to limit the number of vehicles and facilitate team assignments (please indicate if you will have your own vehicle); and record-keeping and reporting of all volunteer hours.
We realize this is a big ask, and we greatly appreciate your consideration. If you or someone you know is qualified and interested in volunteering, please contact [email protected] for more information and next steps.
Rachel Minnery, FAIA LEEDap Sr. Director, Sustainable Development Policy
The American Institute of Architects 1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20006
T (202) 626 7329 M (202) 480 5748 [email protected]