UDF+COHO: Seattle 2100 - Homelessness & Informal Communities
We’ve been in an official state of emergency because of housing for five years, and this doesn’t appear to be abating anytime soon. What are the implications of heavy growth and a potential housing crisis for the next eighty years, especially accounting for Seattle’s apparent position as a climate refuge? Can informal settlements in the US and particularly outside the US offer “out of the box” insight for creating community for those struggling the most with our region’s housing crisis?
- Becca Book of Mithun and AIA Committee on Homelessness
- Walter Washington of Wellspring Family Services
- Bruce Gogel and Scott Morrow w/ Nickelsville
- David Judge of Traction (formerly UW Informal Urban Communities Initiative)
- James Mayton of Seattle Housing Authority
This program takes place at an accessible location with zero-step entry on the groundfloor of the National Building. Accessible bathrooms are available, as well as reserved seating at the front on request. Please note in your registration if you would like to be contacted about specific accessibility needs to fully participate in this program.