COTE's Earth Day Sustainability Slam + UDF Happy Hour
It’s time again for COTE’s annual Earth Day Sustainability Slam!
Each year we put out a call for submissions on interesting case studies, ideas, and presentations about sustainable design. We then assemble a series of rapid-fire presentations from all of YOU to share with the design community. We want to provide a platform for individuals and firms to share what they are doing and to create a fun social mixer. The format is meant to quickly share innovative ideas and encourage conversation.
AIA Seattle Urban Design Forum (UDF) will also be co-hosting the event, brainstorming topics for their 2018-19 programming. UDF be looking at questions such as: How are the region and the city urbanizing? How should they be? Who is moving into the city? Who is being displaced? Can gentrification be inclusive and equitable? How is technology transforming mobility? How is city housing policy manipulating the private market? When will Seattle build out a decent bike network?
We’re graciously being hosted this year at the Friends of Waterfront Seattle. Food and drinks will be provided. We hope you can join us at this fun and social event!
April 25th from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Friends of Waterfront Center
1400 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
- 5:30 – Grab some drinks and connect
- 6:00 – Presentations
- 7:15 – Networking
List of Speakers:
- Zachary Stevens + Charles Gronek – Shifting the Market: Water Conservation within Seattle’s Living Building Pilot Program
- Jon Heller – King County International Airport (Boeing Field): Decarbonization Case Study
- Sergio Sadaba – Use of Early Design Stages Parametric Visualization Tools to Achieve Net Positive Performance
- Lavina Wadhwani – From Brownfield to Green Hydrangeas
- Neha Goel – Occupant Engagement Pilot Project: An Experiment on Plug Load Energy at Terry Thomas
- Will Wheaton – Designing for Disassembly in The Built Environment
- Marisa Hagney – Biophilic Prime Now: Are We Relying on On-Call Services in Lieu of Satisfying Our Natural Draw to Nature?
- Rushyan Yen / Kyle Kiser – Using In-House Design Tools for Basic Energy Analysis
- Aparna Tandon – A Building That Can Breathe
- Shannon Bunsen / Megan Ingalls – Designing for Sustainable Behaviors