Code Evolutions: Get In – Get Out: Circulation Design for Graceful Access and Egress
This session of our Code Evolutions series will examine the codes and regulations that apply to accessibility and egress. Building circulation systems should support the overall design intent and human uses of the building. Rules for accessibility and for emergency egress can enhance the circulation design to ensure that it is graceful and intuitive for users. When considered from the outset of design, all of the technical accessibility and egress requirements can be used to support the overall circulation design. This seminar will consider the overall circulation schematic, as well as each component, from both the accessibility and egress viewpoints, to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all of the building’s users.
- Learn to consider an overall circulation design strategy from the outset of design.
- Learn to integrate accessibility requirements into that design strategy.
- Learn to integrate safety and emergency egress requirements into that design strategy.
- Learn to considered wayfinding and other human impacts of the design of egress components.
Program schedule coming soon!
includes 4 LU | HSW and light refreshments
$114.00 AIA Members
$114.00 Government / Partners (NEEA, NEEC, ASHRAE)
$67.00 AIA Associates
- Duane Jonlin FAIA | Energy Code and Energy Conservation Advisor | Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
- Karen Braitmayer FAIA | Founder | Karen Braitmeyer FAIA
- Eduardo Signorelli | Principal | Code Unlimited
All speakers subject to change. Speaker bios coming soon!
Special thanks to the Code Committee for planning this series of sessions!
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SPONSORS OF THE 2017 CODE SERIES
Contact AIA Seattle Program Manager Cassie Blair.
Registration and Credit Questions?
Contact AIA Seattle Volunteer Hospitality Lead Missy Garvin.
Contact AIA Seattle Managing Director Kimber Leblicq