Grand Opening for the Center for Architecture & Design
Stop by to check out Seattle’s new design hub - home to AIA Seattle, Seattle Architecture Foundation, Design in Public, and AIA Washington Council - and explore the current exhibit, FitNation.
Mark your calendars and RSVP today to join us Saturday, March 5th to celebrate the Grand Opening of the Center for Architecture & Design!
Created by AIA Seattle, Seattle Architecture Foundation, Design in Public, and AIA Washington Council, the Center is Seattle’s premier public space for exhibitions, discussions, and professional exchange on architecture and design.
Experience FitNation, AIA Seattle’s first exhibit at the Center, to:
- explore strategies that make our environment more conducive to physical activity as a part of everyday life; and
- learn about local and national projects that exemplify design approaches and simple improvements that contribute to a healthier lifestyle for individuals and communities.
Drop by anytime between 10am and 4pm to enjoy:
- the interactive FitNation exhibit
- fun activities for kids
- exciting giveaways
- DIY button-making
- food & drinks
- and much more!
Scheduled activities include:
- Family Workshop: Bikeable Seattle at 10am
- Ribbon Cutting at 12pm
- Architect Talks at 1pm and 3pm with Suyama Peterson Deguchi
- Lightning Talks about exemplary FitNation projects at 2pm
Free & open to the public. Kids welcome & encouraged!
Please spread the word to your colleagues and share the Facebook event with your friends!
Special thanks to all of the Center’s Founding Donors!