CAE + DBIA Joint Presentation: How Does Design-Build Lead to Better Design Solutions?
Join AIA Seattle's Committee on Architecture for Education for a unique joint presentation with the Design Build Institute of America, focusing on how design-build works within construction of education spaces.
How does design-build lead to better design solutions?
Questions we will investigate during this program:
- What does the architect gain from design-build? How does the owner benefit?
- What factors really contribute most to success: Previous history together? Firm resumes? Individual resumes?
- What are the biggest obstacles/challenges from the architects perspective?
- How has the architect-owner relationship changed having the GC as the intermediary?
- Why don’t some owners embrace the benefits Design-Build?
- What are some of the best design examples delivered via Design-Build?
- What are examples of Design-Build teams solving problems in unique ways?
- Brad Kilcup, Sr. Project Manager, Howard S. Wright
- Brian Aske, Project Executive, Lease Crutcher Lewis
- Brendan Connolly, Partner at Mithun
- Jason Paul Baerlocher, Senior Project Manager, Washington State University
- Katie Popolow, Principal, Miller Hull
- Christopher Boskey, Associate, KieranTimberlake
Moderated by Todd Buchanan, Principal, HOK
- 5:30pm – Room Opens
- 5:30 – 6:00pm – Appetizers & Networking
- 6:00 – 7:00pm – Program
- 7:00 – 7:30pm – Q&A
**Registration hosted by DBIA Western Washington–AIA Seattle members may select “DBIA Owner Member” for member rate.**