Seattle Design Festival 2017: POWER
Seattle Design Festival 2017 was September 9 - 22
2017 was the year of POWER. From September 9 – 22, the Seattle Design Festival connected designers, community members and civic leaders to explore the POWER of design in our changing world. SDF is the largest design-related event in the Pacific Northwest gathering 30,000 attendees, 103 Festival events and installations hosted by 130+ partners in 2016.
Thank you to all who collaborated with SDF2017:POWER! SDF2017 at a glance:
- 14 days
- 120+ partner organizations
- 80+ programs & installations
- 12+ design disciplines
- Block Party: outdoor installations, tours, and activities
- Design Discussions: 3 nights of interactive panel discussions
- Community Programs: citywide tours, lectures, exhibits, youth & family workshops, film screenings, charrettes, and more!
- Covered by all major Seattle publications, including Seattle Weekly, The Seattle Times, Curbed Seattle, GRAY Magazine, and many more
To see images from this year and past Festivals, visit our SDF Flickr page.
To see the full Closing Party photobooth reel, visit the Seattle Design Nerds Snapbox.
Questions? Contact Debra Webb, Public Programs Manager, Design in Public.
The Seattle Design Festival celebrates the ways design makes life better. Community members, city officials, citizen-experts, and designers all come together at workshops, performances, tours, exhibitions, talks, films, gatherings and more to exchange ideas. SDF is presented by AIA Seattle and Design in Public in partnership with dozens of partner organizations.