AHC Call for Committee Members
The Architecture for Health Committee is pleased to open the call for new members to its board for positions beginning in 2019. The committee is seeking two replacements this year:
- Architect member from Washington
- Affiliate member from Oregon
Architect Board Member Erin Couch and Affiliate Board Member Trent Rehfeldt will be completing their terms in June. We thank them for their considerable contributions and years of service to the Architecture for Health Committee!
AHC Board Structure and Terms
The AHC Board consists of five Architects and two Affiliate Members from Washington and Oregon.
Architect Board Member Requirements:
- Practicing member of an architectural professional firm in Washington State
- AIA Member
- Licensure not required (committee requirement of three licensed professionals has been met by remaining board members)
- 5 year term commitment beginning in July 2019.
Affiliate Member Requirement:
- Practicing member in a healthcare design and construction field in the State of Oregon.
- engineers, contractors, interior designers, vendors, Owner’s representatives, or similar
- 2 year term commitment beginning in July 2019.
Architect members cycle through the leadership positions during their tenure. Affiliate members do not cycle through the leadership positions but serve in an advisory role, and are actively involved in planning and organizing AHC meetings throughout their tenure.
AHC Board Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Board include establishing educational topics, planning programs, arranging for venues and speakers, moderating programs and outreach to professionals and academic communities in the Northwest region.
Programs are held three times a year, including co-sponsorship of the AIA Seattle Medical Design Forum in February. Board meetings are held monthly by telephone conference.
If you are interested in serving on the AHC Board, please contact board member, 2019 AHC board position, by Friday, April 12, 2019 at [email protected]
To assist with the selection process, please send an email expressing your interest and a brief description of your background in healthcare design.
If you are selected, you must be available for our annual all day Board retreat on Friday, June 21, 2019, location to be determined.
Questions? E-mail Connor Descheemaker, AIA Membership & Volunteer Manager, at [email protected].